Monday, March 23, 2009

True friends?

Most of us have a long friends list on their Facebook or even MSN. But how many out of the list are really your true friends? This question comes to my mind today. Mainly becos I receive a few emails from a "friend". The funny thing is that we are not on talking terms for coming to 10 years. And she is on my Facebook "Friends" list. We never ever message or email each other even after we added each other on Facebook. This is the thing about technology. It is supposed to help you to keep in touch with friends but somehow people also forgets the normal way of communication. I am guilty of that.

Anyway the emails tell me that she is moving on to the next phase of her life. My first response when I saw the emails were "What is she doing man? As if we are really friends?". 2nd response is to SMS my khakis to tell them. Of course the 3rd is to complain to my colleagues who happen to walk past.

People say that time will heal all wounds. But I guess I have yet to get over what happen almost a decade ago. There was no argument. We sort of just ignore each other after a while - of course I must admit that I was unhappy with her first. Whatever that happened then were just minor things. Nothing serious to the point that I will hate you. But I guess I am still very fixated on the values of being a friend. I think we were not able to fulfill each other expectations at that time and I do not think that I am ready to review this now especially after silence for 10 yrs.

Anyway even though I do not think that we are true friends now, I think I will still give her my blessings. That is the least I can do, so if you ever read this post, hope that you will have a blissful marriage and may you live your life to the fullest....

No comments: