I attended a seminar for CARE officers this morning. Basically is abt getting ready in the event Singapore has a national disaster. That's why we always have those emergency exercise and call back system - which we are always stress that we cannot hear our HP ringing and never return call.
I must say that this morning talk is quite interesting. The Hotel New World collapse and the Cambodia dragon boat accident were being illustrated. Yah we are still talking about Hotel New World despite that tragedy happened 22 years ago. I guess it is a fortunate thing that Singapore did not have any major tragedy over the past 20 over years. Which is why they are still using it as an example now.
The speaker gave a very detail account of what he went through during the rescue process. Actually I wonder how he feels every time he talks abt it. I am sure the tragedy has affected him somehow.
Just like how we are affected by our cases. I always feel emotionally very draining after seeing trauma cases. That's why I always admire my trauma team colleagues. Sometimes we just have to be grateful that there are people interested in this area of work. Haha.. Ah Jiao, welcome to the team :)
My area of interest now is to eat, stone, sleep for the whole weekend ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment