Friday, October 31, 2008

是两只老虎!!!

Thanks to my dear niece, I have been listening to nursery rhymes. She has been singing non-stop these days. There was one night when we were teaching her to sing the "Tiger song". Yes, there was a debate over whether if it is 两只老虎 or 3只老虎.

From my memory it was 3只老虎. However, my sister was asking what happened to the 3rd tiger since one didn't have eyes and the other didn't have tail. So my mum said the 3rd one was just a normal tiger. Haha...

And because of that, I have been asking around and everyone seem to be as confused as me. Not to mention Bimbo Lim who cannot even make a difference between a tiger and lion. In fact she mistake the poor tigers to be mice!!! Hahaa...

Anyway I checked online and I think this is the correct version. Is 两只老虎 after all. There is no records of 3 tigers.

《2只老虎》

两只老虎,
两只老虎,
跑得快,
跑得快,
一只没有耳朵,
一只没有尾巴,
真奇怪,真奇怪。

They even have a few versions of the love story on how the song comes about. This is just one of them.....

这是一个古老的传说......
很久很久以前在老虎王国里有一对兄妹,他们个有特殊的能力,哥哥又一对千里眼,妹妹拥有一对顺风耳,他们一起长大,一起快乐,一起悲伤...

有一天,他们发现,他们已经深深爱上了对方。 他们也知道,这段爱情是不被允许的,可他们已经无法自拔!父亲大发雷霆,母亲以泪洗面。 兄妹非常伤心于是他们决定,向上天请求用自己的特别本领来换取爱情。

从此,哥哥失去了光明,妹妹失去了声音。 千年以后,一个音乐家听了这个凄惨美丽的故事大受感动,他作出了一首曲子...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!! I told you it's 2 tigers! Didn't know still got story behind the song. I'm amazed!