Monday, February 18, 2008

First day at work

Today is the first day at work. Very tired after work. Just realise that I can get bus sick! Well I am a MRT person, normally in Singapore don't even take bus. Not to say come here have to take at least 30mins bus ride. Tomorrow need to think of alternative way to go to work. Hiazz....

Anyway work is ok. People are all very nice. Got a very good orientation from supervisor and another senior social worker. Even sit in one of the intake assessment interview. Only problem is language. Listen to cantonese for the whole day, got headache. And adding on to it, all the reading materials are in Traditional Chinese words. So I have been trying to translate them into English. If our dear Doreen is here, I think she will die. Haha...... Her "ancient people Chinese words" will kill her ;P

I guess the strengths of Singaporeans is multi-lingual. Whatever language also understand and can speak a little. Some of the colleagues are suprised that I can read Chinese. Well, read can read, don't ask me to write.

Has been communicating with everyone in my half past six cantonese for normal routine stuff. But come to work, is in English. Seriously I don't know how to give comment on assessment in Cantonese.

That is language. Social work field in HK is definitely much more establish and recognise than Singapore. Even though they are NGO (=VWO in singapore), I think they are more open to serve people. Not like VWO in Singapore where they got a lot restrictions and a lot of times we feel that they are too rigid.

Well the centre that I am attached to has a lot of activities. So I can foresee that it will be a busy 3 mths for me. Which is also good lah, won't be bored here.

Ok end off with this photo. This is my lunch today. People that call me glutton, should change their view liao. Cos this is left after trying very hard to finish it. I was very full ah. Very large packet of Hokkien Fried Rice.

Hokkien Fried Rice that comes with a complimentary corn soup + milk tea

Cost HK$33

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

PPLleassee post photos which are more appetizing can??? =)

Anonymous said...

da jie! i miss you already!! hehe...you apartment quite nice leh! hehe...pls blog often ok!

Bee said...

Hillie, you miss me ah? Nobody scold you is it? Heheee... call me lah ;)

Chew, the hokkien fried rice actually taste quite good leh. Just that the serving too bigh.

Anonymous said...

alamak, your lunch don't look very appetizing leh ;p

Anonymous said...

i only hear of hokkien mee.. never hear of hokkien fried rice before =)

Bee said...

Ah Choo, the fact that I order Hokkien Fried Rice is becos I am Hokkien. Hahaa... I thought it will be similar to Hokkien Mee. But it turn up to be like this.