Was rushing to work this morning. Bought a hot chocolate and sandwich from Mac and rush to MRT station. But I drop my hot chocolate and spill the whole cup on the floor. Feeling pai seh, I quickly rush to the station master to inform him.
(Conversation carried out in English)
Me : I am so sorry, I spill my coffee and it is a mess there. Can you get someone to clean the place?
Staff : Huh? Your luggage???
Me : Luggage?!?!? No. I mean I spill my coffee (speak real slowly)
Staff : Where is your luggage now?
Me : Huh?????? NO is COFFEE.
Staff : *Blank look*
Lucky there was another staff (standing behind) knew what I was talking about. He just waved and tell me ok.
This is just one of those frustrating incidents. I seriously have problem communicating with people here even though I can understand Cantonese quite well. Well I have learnt not to talk too much as half the time people don't know what I am talking about (regardless if I use English or Chinese). Only speak when necessary.
3 comments:
jiang hua yun also bu ming pai? haha...aiyo...jialat! maybe you should speak english in HK accent tone! maybe they'll understand better. hahaha...
You come here and try yourself. Tell me abt it than. Haha..
iuoiuhuh
pll
Post a Comment