Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Thank you for sharing....

Recently is a season of young CA cases. Today one of them passed away. It was a sudden death despite her conditions. No one expected that as she was still well when I called her family yesterday. It was so sudden that I don't think she expected it herself.

I got to know this lady last year when she was first admitted. She was not keen to discuss about end of life issues then as she believed that she would recover. Last week, she told me that she was not fearful of death. She believed it's god's will if a person live or die. However, she also believed that with her strong will power she would be able to fight the illness. She told me that she was confident to be alive and see me again next year. These were said despite Dr telling her that she was only suitable for palliative care.

A lady with very strong will power and great fighting spirits. I am saddened by your death. But I am also grateful for having the chance to know you. Thank you for sharing with me. I hope I will be able to be as strong as you when it is my time to face death. May you rest in peace....

No comments: