Thursday, February 19, 2009

Memo from Dr


Memo from Dr

-Patient had flu and fever for the past 2 days.
-Last day of fever was yesterday
-Seen GP given panadols, bacame
-C/O of SOB today
- Ambulate with steady gait to the room
- Speak in full sentences

- GCS 15/15
- Lungs clear
- Does not want MC

- Refuses referral to ENT
- Prescription given, memo to GP


Pls tell me what is the first impression of this patient? Sounds like an idiot that claims he is unwell but refuses treatment. Must be thinking why is he seeing Dr in the first place. The idiot is ME! Yah that is what my darling A & E Dr wrote about ME!!!

Seriously, I was really breathless today when I went down. For the first time in my life, there is no need for my colleagues to nag and me and I will go to A & E myself. In fact, now that I am typing this post I still have difficulties breathing. The first thing that the staff nurse at triage tell me is that my oxygen level is ok. And Dr give me that look again abt why I don't want MC and referral to ENT. I am only having a super bad flu when no Dr want to give me antibiotics to cure me!!! Just give me the prescription and I will be out of your room!

These people really make me feel that I am faking my condition. Now I know how our patients feel liao. Doc, thanks for the experience huh. Hiazz.....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

but i experience SOB with bad flu leh...then antibiotics makes me more breatheless. so i see a chinese physician...yeah!


lay lay

Anonymous said...

Oh oh, sounds bad. Take care and recover soon.

Shiqi

hillie said...

was that reli written in the EDR? hahah!

Bee said...

Hilli - yes! written there. but she forgot to put "denies pregnancy"!

Shiqi - thanks i am okie liao :)