Sunday, June 1, 2008

In loving memory.....

Was attending a wedding dinner of a friend yesterday. It brought back memories of another friend's wedding.

Few years ago we were the Jie Mei for one of my social work khakis. That was the first time we get to know the bride's mum. Auntie was a very nice lady. She was the modern mum that even support us to sabo her son-in-law. Of course she was also worried that her son-in-law may never have a chance to come through the gate as he was a bit CMI then. Despite being so busy that day, she still make sure that her daughter's crazy jie mei got food to eat, got water to drink.

This was the Auntie that I know. Earlier this week, Auntie had left us for a better place. She was a strong lady who had fought the battle well. Her kindness will always be remembered by all of us. And I am sure if I am her daughter, I would be proud of her.

To my dear friend, I know you may want to have some quiet time now. But remember that all of us will be there if you need us. Take care.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Bee.. I'm glad my mum left a positive impact.
I'm ok, pain is still there, but will take time :)

Bee said...

You must take care huh. Now that I am back, we can always meet up :)