Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Flu epidemic

There is a flu epidemic here. A few kids died due to flu. The authority denies that it is bird flu. People are seen wearing masks on the street. School will be close from tomorrow onwards. Hospitals are full. Sounds like during SARS time. But the only difference is that I am here and not in Singapore.

I have been telling people that I do not feel safe living in this country. At least I trust our infection control measures back home. Anyway the irony of this flu thingy is that the hospital here is very worried that I will spread some disease to them when I request for a few days attachment at their clinic. They were telling me that I need to attend infection control class (ie handwashing), and also told me about some insurance thingy. I guess they did not realise that I am actually more worried about getting infected compare to being infectious. I told the hospital staff that all public hospitals in Singapore are JCI accredited. And they know what is JCIA. Haha... So handwahsing? Infection control? I am sure we are better.

For the first time I feel that JCIA is a good thing. Hahaa... Of course my dear colleagues who are super duper stress now, will kill me for saying that.

Morale of the story, there is no place better than home :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Da Jie, be careful and take care! Wear your mask if necessary kz?

Anonymous said...

be extra careful and pay extra attention to hygiene

come back to SG and u will be certified as super JCIA accreditated :D

Bee said...

Ladies, thanks for your concern. No need to worry. I am still alive and kicking. Haha.. Other than kindergarten and pri sch are closed, there is no difference. Life still goes...

Anonymous said...

Good to see that you're still alive!! :)