After living in this city for 2 months, I have learnt that weather is really unpredictable. The first thing that I do every morning is to check the weather forecast. That is because the weather will determine what clothes to wear. How many layers of clothes to wear to what kind of jacket.
I remembered when I first arrived, it was freezing. The day that it dropped to 13 degrees, my supervisor actually asked my female colleagues to "donate" clothes to me. Haha... Despite having 25kg of luggage, it is still not enough to keep myself warm. Plus being skinny, people will say that I do not have enough fats to keep warm.
I remembered when I first arrived, it was freezing. The day that it dropped to 13 degrees, my supervisor actually asked my female colleagues to "donate" clothes to me. Haha... Despite having 25kg of luggage, it is still not enough to keep myself warm. Plus being skinny, people will say that I do not have enough fats to keep warm.
The weather is supposed to get better. Recently it is at the 20+ degrees range. I have started to wear to my normal Singapore clothes only with a normal jacket (just in case). But now there is something new again.
Colleague : Hey Ah Fong the Typhoon No. 1 signal is up.
Me : Huh? I don't know leh.
Colleague : We know that you don't know. That's why we are telling you.
Me: Errr... What am I suppose to do when there is Typhoon???
Colleague : Singapore don't have Typhoon ah?
Me : No! Singapore is peaceful. Everything also don't have. No four seasons, no typhoon.
The conversation was carried out immediately after I stepped into my office this evening. I was out the whole day and only returned to office for the group work in the evening. Imagine me walking on the streets and I did not even realise that the Typhoon signal is up.
Well my friends always say that I will be "blow away by the wind" cos I am too skinny. Their dream will come true soon if it becomes a Typhoon No. 8 signal. When it is Typhoon No. 8, there is no work no school. Haha... So everyone was hoping that it will be No. 8 signal soon but I doubt so (cos the weather forecast in HK is very accurate)
This trip really make me miss everything in Singapore. From the food, language, environment, people to the weather. 1 more month to go before I return to the comfort of home and of course back to reality.
2 comments:
u brought weird weather to HK!! hahaha!! i always ask u if u want a rope and u didn't want it. U must be regretting. That rope can tie u to the lamp post so that the typhoon will not blow u away!!! hahaha!!! See how useful the rope is!! :)
very very funny.... tie me to lamp post. i can be the lamp post already lah. skinny enough or not. hahaaa... another pig and dog friends.
Post a Comment